How to cook Uttapam.
In south India, Uttapam is most preferred dish for having a light snack or meal. It is like a thin pan cake combined with various elements like coconut, tomato and onions. The crisp taste with delightful toppings makes every meal a perfect one. It made with a blend of Ural dal and rice. This is usually served with a side of chutney and sambar at south Indian themed restaurants.
- Dosa batter- 1 cup.
- Green chillies- 2-3 piece.
- Coriander leaves- 1 bunch.
- Broken cashew nuts- 5 -6.
- Except batter, wash and chop all other ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients with the batter along with the salt.
- Heat a non-stick pan.
- On the pan slowly spread the batter.
- Put 1 tsp oil and cover the pan.
- When it is completely cooked, turn it and let the other side also get cooked.
- Turn off the flame when it gets crisp.
- Serve hot.