Spinach (Palak) Gravy Recipe
Spinach is believed to be a healthy green vegetable which can be used in a variety of dishes. It is more delicious when made spicy and is full of vitamins and minerals.
- Around 1.5 cups of Spinach.
- Around ½ cup of toor dal.
- Around 1.5 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Around 10 dry red chillies.
- Around 3 tsps of grated coconut.
- Around 4 flakes of garlic.
- 1 tamarind.
- Around 4 tsps of tomato puree.
- Give 10 minutes to soak the dal and tamarind in 2 bowls of water.
- Take a pan on medium flame and cook the spinach in water.
- Take the cumin seeds, red chillies, coconut and toor dal in a food processor to make a smooth paste.
- Now add the collected tamarind water, ground paste and puree in the spinach with some salt.
- Season the dish and serve.