Kachori an Indian snack is liked by all age groups. This amazing snack is a combination of crunchiness and softness. It can be had with different types of stuffing and sauces.
- Urad dal- ½ Cup.
- Asafoetida- 5 pinches
- Green chillies and ginger paste- 3 tbsps.
- Red chilli powder- ½ tsp.
- Pepper powder- ½ tsp.
- Salt- ½ tsp.
- Oil- 8 tsps.
- Maida- 3 Cups.
- Oil for frying.
- In a container, soak the urad dal overnight.
- Next you have to semi-grind the dal with very less proportion of water.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tsp of oil, then add the Asafoetida.
- Add chilli and ginger paste.
- When the oil separates, add the dal, stir it well and do not allow it to stick to the bottom.
- Add pepper powder, red Chilli powder, and salt and blend it well.
- Continue the process of stirring till the dal begins to get the thickness of dough.
- Make soft dough of Maida, salt and oil
- Make small balls
- Add the stuffing and flatten the balls.
- Roll them again in small balls and deep fry them in hot oil.
- Serve them hot and with various accompaniments.